Chef Noel Cunningham’s Mango recipes
It's mango season!
This Mango Avocado and Cucumber salad is bursting with fresh tropical flavors - a healthy salad with a slightly sweet, tangy dressing and a hint of pepper.
2 mangos, cubed
1 avocados, cubed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper de-seeded
1. Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients in a blender then chill in the refrigerator.
2. Toss mangoes, avocado and cucumber in a medium size bowl. Drizzle with the chilled vinaigrette and serve on a bed of lettuce.
Mango Coconut Baked Chicken with a hint of Curry
There's something about the combination of mango and coconut that just works.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
6 chicken thigh bone-in, skin-on
1tbs curry powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 stalk fresh thyme and scallion, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup roughly chopped mango (any mango except stringy)
1 cup coconut milk
1 medium onion
cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
2 tsp curry powder
1. Marinate chicken thigh with the first five ingredients and place in a baking dish with the chicken skin side up; then bake for 25 minutes.
2. Place the coconut milk and mango in a blender and purée until smooth.
3. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add onions, garlic and ginger, stirring occasionally until soft for about 5 minutes. Add the curry and cook for another minute, then add mango coconut puree and simmer for 5 minutes on a low flame. Turn off flame and set aside.
4. When the chicken is almost baked, pour mango sauce over the chicken and leave to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
If desired, serve on a bed of rice.
For more go to:
Award winning Jamaican Canadian Chef Noel Cunningham, on Facebook
Also visit our art gallery on line for contemporary Jamaican/Caribbean fine art: EJ Art Gallery